In this paper, a hysteresis current controller with reduced losses for three-phase grid-connected inverter is proposed. In the proposed hysteresis current controller, one of the inverter phase is clamped to the positive or negative inverter buses depending on the polarity of the phase current. Totally, each inverter phase is clamped for the duration of one third of the fundamental output period. As the inverter phase is inactive when the current is the highest, the switching losses are reduced. Simulation and experimental results are included to show the effectiveness of the proposed controller.
- Current controller
- Grid-connected inverter,
Fig. 1. Power controller of grid-connected inverter
EXPECTED SIMULATION RESULTS:
Fig. 2. Output current and switching pattern of: (a) conventional hysteresis current controller, (b) proposed hysteresis current controller
Fig. 3. Output current and switching pattern of: (a) conventional hysteresis current controller, (b) proposed hysteresis current controller
A simple hysteresis current controller with reduced losses has been proposed in this paper. In the proposed current controller, one of the inverter phase is clamped to the positive or negative DC bus, depending on the polarity, when the magnitude of the current is the greatest. This lead to reduction of the average switching frequency as well as the switching losses. Simulation and experimental results have shown that the proposed hysteresis controller is able to reduce the switching losses without sacrificing the output current waveform.
- Jain and V. Agarwal, “A Single-Stage Grid Connected Inverter Topology for Solar PV Systems With Maximum Power Point Tracking,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 1928–1940, 2007.
- Mohseni and S. M. Islam, “A new vector-based hysteresis current control scheme for three-phase PWM voltage-source inverters,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 2299–2309, 2010.
- P. Kazmierkowski and M. A. Dzieniakowski, “Review of currentregulation techniques for three-phase PWM inverters,” Proc. IECON’94 – 20th Annu. Conf. IEEE Ind. Electron., vol. 1, pp. 567–575, 1994.
- Zhang and H. Lin, “Simplified model predictive current control method of voltage-source inverter,” 8th Int. Conf. Power Electron. – ECCE Asia, pp. 1726–1733, 2011.
- C. Hua, C. W. Wu, and C. W. Chuang, “A digital predictive current control with improved sampled inductor current for cascaded inverters,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 1718–1726, 2009.