The characteristics of distributed photovoltaic system power generation system is intermittent and instability. Under the weak grid conditions, when the active power of the PV system injected into the grid is fluctuant, the voltage of supply feeder will increase or decrease, thus affecting the normal use of sensitive load. The electric spring can transfer the energy injected into the supply feeder to the wide-voltage load, which is in series with the ES, to ensure the voltage stability of the sensitive load in the system.
In this paper, a grid-connected photovoltaic simulation model with electric spring is built in Matlab / simulink. The voltage waveforms on the ES and sensitive load is obtained under the condition of changing the active power injected into the supply feeder by the grid-connected photovoltaic system. Thought the analysis of the waveforms, we can find that the Electric spring is a kind of effective method to solve the voltage fluctuation of the supply feeder in the grid-connected PV system.
- Electric spring
- Grid-Connected Photovoltaic System
- Voltage Regulation
- Photovoltaic Consumption
Figure 1. The photovoltaic system model with Electric spring
EXPECTED SIMULATION RESULTS:
Figure 2. The effective value of line voltage when the active power of PV system decreases
Figure 3. The line voltage when the active power of PV system increases (with ES)
This paper applies the electric spring to the PV system to solve the problem that the bus voltage fluctuates due to the power fluctuation during the PV power injected into the bus. By building a simulation model in Matlab /Simulink, it is proved that the voltage on the bus can be effectively stabilized after adding the electric spring in the grid-connected photovoltaic system. When the active power of the PV fluctuates, the electric spring can transfer the voltage fluctuation on the bus to the wide-voltage load, in order to ensure that the bus voltage stability in the vicinity of the given value. Therefore, this is an effective method to solve the fluctuation of the bus voltage in PV grid connected system.
- Hui S Y R, Lee C K, Wu F. Electric springs—A new smart grid technology[J]. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2012, 3(3): 1552-1561.
- F. Kienzle, P. Ahein, and G. Andersson, “Valuing investments in multi-energy conversion, storage, and demand-Side management systems under uncertainty,” IEEE Trans Sustain. Energy, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 194–202,Apr. 2011.
- C. K. Lee and S. Y. R. Hui, “Input voltage control bidirectional power converters,” US patent application, US2013/0322139, May 31, 2013.
- CHEN Xu, ZHANG Yongjun, HUANG Xiangmin. Review of Reactive Power and Voltage Control Method in the Background of Active Distribution Network[J]. Automation of Electric Power Systems,2016,40(01):143-
- Lee S C, Kim S J, Kim S H. Demand side management with air conditioner loads based on the queuing system model[J]. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2010, 26 (2): 661-668.