The main objective of this paper is to enhance the power transfer capability of grid interfaced hybrid generation system. Generally, this hybrid system is a combination of solar and wind energy systems. In order to get maximum and constant output power from these renewable energy systems at any instant of time, this paper proposes the concept of maximum power tracking techniques. The main concept of this maximum power point tracking controller is used for controlling the Direct Current (DC) to DC boost converter. Finally, the performance of this Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) based Hybrid system is observed by simulating using Matlab/Simulink.
KEYWORDS: MPPT Technique, Solar Energy System, Wind Turbine System
Figure 1. Configuration of Hybrid Energy System.
EXPECTED SIMULATION RESULTS:
Figure 2. Simulation Diagram for Hybrid Wind-PV System.
Figure 3. Output Load Voltage.
Figure 4. Output Load Current.
Figure 5. Powers: Line, Wind, Solar.
Figure 6. Output Voltage from Wind System.
Figure 7. Output Voltage from Wind System.
Output from solar and a wind system is converted into AC power output by using inverter. In the given time additional load of 5 KW is connected by using Circuit Breaker. Under all operating conditions to meet the load the hybrid system is controlled to give maximum output power. Battery is supporting to wind or solar system to meet the load and Also, simultaneous operation for the same load.
- Huil J, Bakhshai A, Jain PK. A hybrid wind-solar energy system: A new rectifier stage topology. 2010 25th Annual IEEE Proceedings of Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC); 2010 Feb 21–25. p. 156–61.
- Kim SK, Jeon JH, Cho CH, Ahn JB, Kwon SH. Dynamic modeling and control of a grid-connected hybrid generation system with versatile power transfer. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2008 Apr; 55(4):1677–88.
- Ezhilarasan S, Palanivel P, Sambath S. Design and development of energy management system for DG source allocation in a micro grid with energy storage system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(13):58252.
- Patel MR. Wind and solar power systems design analysis and operation. 2nd ed. Taylor and Francis Group Publishing Co. 2006; 30(3):265–6.
- Chen YM, Liu YC, Hung SC, Cheng CS. Multi-input inverter for grid-connected hybrid PV/wind power system. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2007 May; 22(3):1070–7.